Skip to main content

Disability Living Allowance changes in the Spending Review and over the current parliament to 2014/15

65 replies [Last post]
anonymous (not verified)
anonymous's picture



I have a 7 and a half year old son who has been with a SENCO teacher at his school for over a year now. In this year his progress has been very slow (learning only 1 word a week) he can not not write, spell or read very well for a child of his age. His SENCO teacher told me that my son has special needs. Then this April he had an assessment done on him and the results came back that my son is dyslexic and also has dyspraxia.

Can I claim DLA for him?

Many thanks for your help!!

John's picture
Joined: 09/03/2008

You can contact the Disability Benefits Hotline< who may be able to tell you. The number is 08457 123 456 open Monday to Friday 7.30am to 6.30pm.

You can find more information on Disability Living Allowance on< as well as information on Caring for a Disabled child.<


Anon (not verified)
anonymous's picture

You might want to check out< if you are receiving qualifying benefits, also<< or< and< may provide additional information on grants to support your needs, also requesting a community care assessment from your local authority should help also address the needs of your son.

anonymous (not verified)
anonymous's picture<


A very useful site which has helped me and many claim what they are entitled to. hope it helps:)

Anon (not verified)
anonymous's picture